If you’ve been impacted by wildfires and need to find a shelter, visit redcross.org or download the Red Cross app to find open facilities. People without access to computers can call 800-RED-CROSS (800-733-2767) to receive emergency services.
What can we do to help with wildfires?
10 Tips to Prevent Wildfires
- Check weather and drought conditions. …
- Build your campfire in an open location and far from flammables. …
- Douse your campfire until it’s cold. …
- Keep vehicles off dry grass. …
- Regularly maintain your equipment and vehicle. …
- Practice vehicle safety.
How do I donate to firefighters in California?
You can donate to the Red Cross, which helps distribute disaster relief aid. In addition to online donations, you can also call 1-800 RED CROSS or text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
How can we help California fire victims?
The primary way that Californians can help wildfire victims is by donating to victim relief funds. Relief funds help those affected by wildfires with everyday expense as they wait out evacuation orders or, in some circumstances, as they work to rebuild their homes.
What does California do to prevent wildfires?
Gavin Newsom formally approved the money Tuesday ahead of the state’s peak fire season. Under the legislation, the state will spend $536 million on preventing fires through forest and vegetation management, clearing fuel around rural homes and retrofitting buildings in high-risk areas to help them survive fires.
How can I help firefighters in California?
To make a donation, please click HERE. If you’d like to discuss partnership options, corporate sponsorship, or other opportunities to support the California Fire Foundation, please call (916) 641-1707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I help local firefighters?
Here are a few ways that you can show your support for your local fire department.
- Join! …
- Donate: The fire department is always in need of training material, supplies, and equipment. …
- Educate: The next best thing you can do is educate yourself and your family about fire prevention.
Does Cal Fire accept donations?
You can donate here. Caldor Fire donations:El Dorado Community Foundation: The El Dorado Community Foundation has established the Caldor Fire Fund. Donations made will go entirely to the families impacted by the blaze.
How can we help River fire victims?
Those who want to help can:
- Make a one-time contribution to The Red Cross or sign up to volunteer.
- Donate directly to the California Community Foundation’s Wildfire Relief Fund or to the California Fire Foundation, which provides $250 gift cards to victims to help with buying necessities.
How do I volunteer for the Caldor fire?
People interested in volunteering are asked to call the Cameron Park Community Services District office at (530) 677-2231 or email email@example.com and leave their name, number and how they can help (available for in-person tasks, can take in animals, store trailers, etc).
Does FEMA help with house fires?
FEMA’s financial assistance can help cover expenses including rent, home repair or replacement and other needs — such as child care, medical and dental expenses. Remember: This assistance is available for survivors of the California wildfires that began Aug. 14, not for pandemic-related needs.