the mission of the fire service is to “save lives and protect property.” This is true no matter what services your department offers.
What are the major common components of fire department mission statements?
That’s why many fire departments have all three: A mission statement.
A values statement – “our principles.”
- Respect for people and property.
- Service to all.
- Non-discrimination and respect for diversity.
- Transparency and openness.
- Valuing community contributions.
What are some good mission statements?
12 Examples of the Best Mission Statements
- JetBlue. “To inspire humanity — both in the air and on the ground.” …
- Tesla. “To accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.” …
- TED. “Spread ideas.” …
- LinkedIn. “To connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful.” …
- PayPal. …
- Amazon. …
- Asana. …
What is meant by the term mission statement?
A mission statement is a concise explanation of the organization’s reason for existence. It describes the organization’s purpose and its overall intention. The mission statement supports the vision and serves to communicate purpose and direction to employees, customers, vendors and other stakeholders.
What are the five qualities that are important for a firefighter to have?
5 Characteristics of a Firefighter
- Excellence in Communication.
- Fast and Sound Decision-Making Skills.
- Physical Stamina and Strength.
Why is respect important in the fire service?
If employees can treat their supervisors with respect, recognizing they have a difficult job and are sometimes only carrying out orders from higher up the food chain, then they can help minimize an atmosphere of mutual distrust.
What are the key attributes of an excellent firefighter?
- effective communication skills.
- integrity, composure and a reassuring manner.
- the ability to follow instructions.
- the ability to work as part of a team.
- problem-solving skills.
- patience, understanding and sensitivity.
- confidence and resilience.
- adaptability and flexibility.
What are the 3 parts of a mission statement?
The three components of a mission statement include the purpose, values, and goals of the company.
What does our mission statement mean to you?
A mission statement outlines the overall “mission” or goal of the company. This mission is achieved through actions that utilize to the strengths of the company. By understanding this important statement, the interviewee will get a vision of why being part of the company would benefit his or her life.
Why is a mission statement important?
Mission statements are an incredibly important navigational tool when you are thinking about the future of your company. By identifying the purpose of your work, you can better understand the goals your company should be committed to accomplishing. … The mission statement is the bedrock of any organization.