To recap, in order for combustion (chemical reaction of fire) to take place you need three elements to work together. These elements are fuel, heat and oxygen. These three elements make up the fire triangle.
What are 3 items needed to start a fire?
Oxygen, heat, and fuel are frequently referred to as the “fire triangle.” Add in the fourth element, the chemical reaction, and you actually have a fire “tetrahedron.” The important thing to remember is: take any of these four things away, and you will not have a fire or the fire will be extinguished.
What fuel do you need to start a fire?
Before you put the jar over the burning candle, you had all the ingredients necessary for combustion; heat from the match, fuel in the candle and oxygen from the air. Relight the candle.
What are the 3 categories of evacuation?
Simultaneous evacuation. Vertical or horizontal phased evacuation. Staff alarm evacuation (silent alarm). Defend in place.
What are the three things required to make fire class 7?
To make fire fuel, heat and oxygen is needed. Wood, coal, gas are fuel, oxygen is available in air.
Which are the different types of fire?
Classes of fire
- Class A. A class A fire is burning flammable solids as fuel. …
- Class B. Class B fires are burning flammable liquids. …
- Class C. Class C fires burn flammable gases. …
- Class D. Class D fires are burning flammable metals. …
- Electrical. Any fire involving electrical equipment is classed as an electrical fire. …
- Class F.
What categories are fire divided into?
Classes of fire
- Class A – fires involving solid materials such as wood, paper or textiles.
- Class B – fires involving flammable liquids such as petrol, diesel or oils.
- Class C – fires involving gases.
- Class D – fires involving metals.
- Class E – fires involving live electrical apparatus. (
What are the two types of evacuation?
Reasons to evacuate generally fall into 2 camps: Urgent Evacuations and Planned Evacuations. You should be ready for these 2 types of emergency evacuations.
What is fire What three things are needed to make fire What are the three main ways in which a fire can be controlled or put out?
First way is to take away the fuel. Second way is to prevent oxygen from reaching it. Third way is to remove the heat.
What are the three main ways in which of fire can be controlled or put out?
What are the three main ways in which a fire can be controlled or put out? Solution: Fire can be put out by taking away the fuel, stopping the supply of oxygen or by lowering down the temperature around the fuel, so that the fuel is not able to attain its flash point.
What do you understand by the flashpoint of a fuel class 7th answer?
Answer: The ‘flash point’ of a fuel is a certain temperature at which any fuel begins to burn. It is also called the ‘kindling temperature of the fuel’.