What is the correct order for following fire fighting steps?
When using an extinguisher, use the PASS system – Pull, Aim, Squeeze, Sweep. Pull the pin on the extinguisher. Aim the extinguisher. Squeeze the trigger or top handle.
What are the 4 steps in using a fire extinguisher?
The acronym PASS is used to describe these four basic steps.
- Pull (Pin) Pull pin at the top of the extinguisher, breaking the seal. …
- Aim. Approach the fire standing at a safe distance. …
- Squeeze. Squeeze the handles together to discharge the extinguishing agent inside. …
What are the 5 different types of fire extinguishers?
When it comes to the types of fire extinguishers, there are five main types including wet chemical, CO2, dry powder, foam and water. In order to meet the current regulations, it is important for you to have the exact type of fire extinguisher that is needed for your premises.
What is the correct sequence for operating a cartridge fire extinguisher drag the items into the correct sequence?
The correct answer is A, Pull, Aim, Squeeze, Sweep.
What is Step 1 of the pass technique?
It’s easy to remember how to use a fire extinguisher if you can remember the acronym PASS, which stands for Pull, Aim, Squeeze, and Sweep. Pull the pin.
What are fire stages?
By most standards including the International Fire Service Training Association (IFSTA) there are 4 stages of a fire. These stages are incipient, growth, fully developed, and decay.
What are the 4 types of fire extinguishers?
There are four classes of fire extinguishers – A, B, C and D – and each class can put out a different type of fire.
- Class A extinguishers will put out fires in ordinary combustibles such as wood and paper.
- Class B extinguishers are for use on flammable liquids like grease, gasoline and oil.
How do you use fire fighting equipment?
Using a fire extinguisher
- Pull: Pull the pin, this will break the tamper seal.
- Aim: Aim low, pointing the nozzle or hose at the base of the fire. …
- Squeeze: Squeeze the handle to release the extinguishing agent.
- Sweep: Sweep from side to side at the base of the fire, the fuel source, until the fire is out.
What is the correct way to use a fire extinguisher Boat Ed?
A: Aim at the base of the fire. S: Squeeze the handle. S: Sweep side to side.
What are the different types of fire fighting equipment?
List of fire fighting equipment for home
- Kitchen hood protection.
- Smoke detector.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Fire blanket.
- Fire escape ladder.
- Fire sprinkler.
- Fire hose.
What are fixed fire fighting equipment?
There are a number of fixed fire-fighting facilities available, including:
- fire hydrants and rising mains.
- hose reel systems.
- sprinkler systems.
- water mist and fogging systems.
- gas systems (sometimes referred to as “clean agent systems”)
- foam systems.
- dry powder.
What are the 4 types of fire extinguishers PDF?
There are five main types of fire extinguishers:
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2).
- Wet chemical.
When should you fight a fire?
When to Fight a Fire
- The fire is small and not spreading.
- You have the proper fire extinguisher.
- The fire will not block your exit (keep the exit at your back).
What is the third step in operating a fire extinguisher?
PASS Step 3: SQUEEZE the handle
Next, squeeze the handle of the fire extinguisher. This will cause the fire extinguisher to begin working.
What is the second step in the fire suppression process?
Step 2: Develop Community Partnerships
The residents are usually aware that a fire has occurred, and they are interested in finding out how to protect themselves and their families from fire. These fire prevention activities are part of the duties of the firefighting crews.