How do I apply for the fire academy in Florida?
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a high school diploma or a GED.
- Must successfully complete a Florida EMT or Paramedic program.
- Have no conviction of felonies or significant misdemeanors.
- Cannot have been dishonorably discharged from military service.
- Be of good moral character.
How much does fire academy cost in Florida?
Estimated Expenses for Fire Rescue Institute Programs
|Registration and Special Fees for Florida Resident for:|
|Fire Fighter I (Minimum Standards)||$987.77|
|Fire Fighter II (Minimum Standards)||$2010.23|
|Materials (books, uniforms, materials, certification exams):|
How long is the Florida Fire Academy?
Fire Academy schedule and length
The Fire Academy consists of 492 hours of training and is offered as a full-time and part-time schedule.
Do volunteer firefighters get paid?
Volunteer firefighters freely volunteer their efforts as a way of serving and giving back to their community. They often do not receive monetary compensation from the fire department. If they are paid, it is typically in the form of small stipends or annual bonuses.
How much money does a firefighter make in Florida?
The average salary for a firefighter in Florida is around $53,340 per year.
Is it hard to become a firefighter in Florida?
It is usually very difficult to become a firefighter. There is usually a lot of competition for each vacant position. Although there are usually only a few basic requirements to apply for a firefighter job, those that are hired frequently have a lot more training, education, and experience than required.
What is the best fire academy in Florida?
Best Fire Science/Fire-Fighting colleges in Florida for 2021
- University of Florida. Gainesville, FL. Image by @mostvigorousspring. …
- St Petersburg College. Clearwater, FL. St Petersburg College offers 1 Fire Science/Fire-Fighting degree programs. …
- Miami Dade College. Miami, FL. …
- Valencia College. Orlando, FL.
How do I get Firefighter 2 certified in Florida?
Firefighting: Firefighter II
This Statute requires that a student must be 18 years of age or older; have a high school diploma or equivalent; no criminal record; pass a physical examination; be a certified First Responder or higher (EMT/B or EMT/P) complete the fire academy; and pass the State Certification Exam.
How do I become a volunteer firefighter in Florida?
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Certified Florida Firefighter II.
- Certified Florida EMT or Paramedic.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver License.
- Be of good moral character.
- Be in good physical condition.
How long is firefighter training?
What firefighter training is involved? All new firefighters are required to undergo extensive training that normally lasts between 12 and 16 weeks. Even firefighters who have been doing the job for a number of years are required to do ongoing training to ensure they’re at the top of their game.
Is being a volunteer firefighter worth it?
Is it Worth Being a Volunteer Firefighter? Most volunteer firefighters would agree that it is worth it and that they enjoy what they do. It isn’t for everyone, but it can be very rewarding. It can also give you valuable experience that can help to become a paid firefighter, if that is your goal.